St. James Cathedral, Chicago. In the first of the new annual Saxon Series, Camerata Chicago performs the entire set of six Brandenburg concerti with a range of wonderful soloists including harpsichordist Jory Vinikour and trumpeter Travis Heath. Enjoy the outstanding musical artistry of Camerata Chicago with this fabulous baroque program, sponsored by Joyce Saxon.
Musicologist Professor Jonathan Saylor will give a fascinating preconcert talk about Bach and the Brandenburgs at 6:45 pm. The talk is included in your ticket.
- Jory Vinikour (harpsichord)
- Travis Heath (trumpet)
- Mathias Tacke (violin) and Rika Seko (violin)
- Amy Barwan (oboe)
- Susan Saylor (flute) and Joyce Anne Wilder (flute),
- Dana Sherman (horn) and Christina Schempf (horn), .
- Rose Armbrust (viola) and Rebecca Swan (viola)
Bach Brandenburg Concertos 1 - 6
Discount codes are available online only.
For more information, visit Cameratachicago.org.